Oakland Park Baseball Forum Index Oakland Park Baseball
Show up every Sunday at 10:30 in parks in and around Oakland!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What do you think

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should the A's make a deal (if money can be made right) to bring Jr. to the A's ?
The bum can stay trolling the outfield Larry Flynt's home town next to the Stinky Ohio River
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Why not ? We can use all the help we can get if the money's right.
80%
 80%  [ 4 ]
What ?!?! Have you been drinking brown water from the Ohio River and dating trailer trash from Covington, KY... Jr's washed up
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Other
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

AntMoOAK
Perennial All-Star

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:37 pm    Post subject: What do you think Reply with quote

I've always been a big Ken Griffey Jr. fan...even at 36 (damn time flies), Jr. still has pop. How about a certain AL West TEAM in need of a spark... structure a deal to bring Jr. to the East Bay to DH for the local 9 from the sunny side of the Bay... It's obvious that the homegoing experiment in Cincy has not worked due to injury and just plain lack of enthusiasm on Jr's part... get him back to the AL where he was a bonafide star and watch the homers come back. What say you Idea
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TheLegend
Babe Ruth

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DH?

Isn't (wasn't?) Junior a 1,837,563,450,932 time gold glove winner?
Pat K
All-Star

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anthony Anthony,

You don't seriously believe that could happen? Name the last time any established star CAME (not LEFT) Oakland.
But hey just about anything sounds good about now. BUT, and I hesitate to say this, it looks like we could see a little turn around by the local nine. I was at the game last night and it was good to Zito throw 7 innings of 1 run ball. GO Athletics.

Yes Ken its 10 gold gloves. But not since '99

Last edited by Pat K on Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
AntMoOAK
Perennial All-Star

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah but... I'd only want his bat... don't want him slipping around and injuring groins out on the wet Coliseum turf. Let Byrnsee fly around the outfield... he's still young
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AntMoOAK
Perennial All-Star

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New ownership with some money... who knows... just a thought, It wouldn't hurt Wolffe and Gap man to establish themselves as serious owners around here willing to make a move
Pat K
All-Star

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do like that idea. But this is the rough part, Jr. is due to make(sit down) 12.5 million this year. Which, with the A's could be a deal breaker.
Tayster
Perennial All-Star

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd actually love to see Mark Sweeny traded to the A's. He really wants out of KS, and could be a huge addition to the A's roster (maybe the could figure out how to score some damn runs already)
AntMoOAK
Perennial All-Star

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He makes about as much as Griff. and there is already a logjam at 1st... Hattie, Dan Johnson (Swish, Durazo also)... He can maybe DH if you trade Durazo who had a breakout year last year but hasn't done much this year lowering trade bait. I happen to like 'Razo however... and wouldn't want to see him replaced by Sweeney... On another note... Sweeney would be a welcome addition if only for the fact that he is has always been an A's "killer" when we've played KC.
Tayster
Perennial All-Star

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Sweeny is one of those guys who would happily restructure his contract to be with a team that has a chance (yes, the A's have been sucking, but they're not KC.)

Swish plays outfield, Johnson should be in AAA still developing, and while Hattie has been solid, he's not the same caliber power hitter as Sweeny is.

And remember Billy Bean has a knack for getting something for nothing Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Oakland Park Baseball Forum Index -> MLB All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: