Oakland Park Baseball Forum Index Oakland Park Baseball
Show up every Sunday at 10:30 in parks in and around Oakland!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

It's about time... How long will it last ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AntMoOAK
Perennial All-Star

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 8:16 pm    Post subject: It's about time... How long will it last ? Reply with quote

As I sit here with a bad back perusing the site, Ken Korach is describing in vivd imagery Nick Swisher's triple and Jason Kendall's subsequent base hit to score Swish.... all I can say is IT"S ABOUT DAMN TIME !!!

Let's keep it up A's and let's this be the start of another 20 game winning streak
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Pat K
All-Star

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn Straight. We all should support them in their time of need. GO TO SOME GAMES. If anyone ever wants to go contact me.
Baseball=Life
Baseball Deity

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there this Saturday against the Blue Jays. I'd like to recall that last June 5 (364 days ago from this Saturday) I was there, in the front row, and saw Tim Hudson pitch a complete game shutout against these same Blue Jays. So let's do it Oakland! Let's start up another 20 game winning streak and get back in this race!

PS: I love seeing Kotsay in the # 3 spot in the batting order.

- Leo Durocher
Baseball=Life
Baseball Deity

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barring an extreme Tampa Bay comeback, the A's have actually won 3 in a row! They've actually swept a series! The Royals actually beat Randy Johnson for the first time since 1993!

I love baseball; anything can happen.

- Leo Durocher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got back form the Mac... nice game for the local BacknSync Boyz (My new moniker for the staid and boybandish 2005 A's)

Something I've never seen at a game.. . a guy sitting all alone down the left field line nursing a beer and (seemingly) scoring the game happens to be in the right place at the right time to catch not 1 but 2 foul balls within 5 minitues of each other and then (GET THIS) promptly finding the nearest little kid and giving him both balls immediatly after he caught them. Oh yeah the teenagers who were chasing the ball like Keystone Kops looked silly after the guy just stood there looiked down and picked both balls up... I hope he makes the papers tomorrow... class act... they should have given him a couple of tickets... oh yeah the game was great too... 11 runs on 15 hits and steady pitching from Zeet who got some support for a change.... a good night had by all... but gee ... Double Play wednesdaay used to be good for at least 30k in attendance even in spring. where is everyone ? 25 k for fireworks on SUnday Shocked Oy vey... Bring Rickey Back NOW... my A's rant for the evening
Baseball=Life
Baseball Deity

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to state right now that the A's are still in this!!!!!!

9 games below .500, but have won 6 out of last 8 games. They've won 13 out of their last 20 games (and that includes being swept by the NL's hottest team, the Nationals).

Harden's coming back from the DL tomorrow. Chavez is starting to hit. New lights-out closer in Huston Street (Macha: "optimistic" that Street would be ready to pitch again by the weekend) (1 ER in last 11 2/3 IP, 9 K; 1.59 season ERA is Street). Starting Pitchers Dan Haren and Joe Blanton pitching great. Jason Kendall getting on base at a great clip lately.

There's still plenty of time for the A's to climb back into this race.

And one injury to Guerrero, Garrett Anderson, Soriano, and/or Teixeira.... and the A's path will be that much easier.

- Leo Durocher
AntMoOAK
Perennial All-Star

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The next 8 games against the likes of the Seattles and the SF's should help spur the A's'' self esteem as they get ready to battle Chicago for 6 games around the Blue Jays... How about a trade to shake thnigs up a bit... Kotsay needs to play so either he or Byrnes before his Capt. American facade becomes apparent to other teams. Word is Cincy would be able to eat some of their outfield salary to get some younguns in there... and Lord knows the A's have prospects... I CAN'T STAND Rincon... but apparently some teams are looking for a hard throwing lefty reliever to face lefty hitters... just don't let him face a righty... so me says dangle Ricardo, Byrnes (or Kotsay), a couple of prospects and bring in a Preston Wilson, Cliff Floyd (Beane has been trying for 2 years for this guy) or heck... buy Gabe Kapler from the Yom. Giants.... anything to help spark this ready to explode Oakland club.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
retep
Player/Manager

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntMoOAK wrote:
The next 8 games against the likes of the Seattles and the SF's should help spur the A's'' self esteem as they get ready to battle Chicago

Hey! SF got the A's two outta three last time Wink Then again, that was before we lost 13 of 15 Sad
tallguy
Cy Young

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stay positive, Peter, we also won 4 out of our last 6. That slump is over.
retep
Player/Manager

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And two of those games were in extra innings! Mwahahaha!
Southpaw Slim
Kenesaw Mountain Landis

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:59 pm    Post subject: What a ride! Reply with quote

Well, the A's have actually lost 2 games in a row since mid-June if you can believe it, and have been winning 8 games out of 10 consistently for about the past 2 months. I say it's better not to win 20 games in a row if you can win more over the course of a 40-game stretch. Speaking of stretches, this year's doesn't look all that bad. We have some tasty Texas pitching to roll through for a few games, and I think 7 more games with the Twins could rally us back up to first place. I'm not even all that worried about facing the Yankees in Oakland again (the first time in 14 years that we either face them 3 times total or twice at home in one season, can't remember which.) This looks like an exciting end to an exciting year ahead of us. It may come down to the final series of the season for the second year in a row. Let's not even give the Angels the chance. Now's our time. I'm ready for some postseason baseball!

Go A's!
Baseball=Life
Baseball Deity

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Postseason ticket strips will be obtained shortly.

- Leo Durocher
Baseball=Life
Baseball Deity

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:00 pm    Post subject: A's only 1 1/2 games back from 1st place!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

Postseason Ticket Strips Obtained. That means seats to every possible postseason home game, from division series to world series. I have to brag about it in case I don't get to use them. And, to top it off, 2nd row lower level! Out past the A's bullpen, more toward the foul pole, on the 3rd base side.

Anyway, the A's have to get there first of course. We have to get through Anaheim in the crucial 4 game series this week. I'm already going to the game on the 27th, but I noticed there's a day game on the 29th.

Who wants to go see the A's face off with the Angels this Thursday the 29th? It's a day game, starting 12:35. Let me know if you want to go.

I'm addicted enough that I'll go alone if I have to, hahaha.

- Leo Durocher
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Oakland Park Baseball Forum Index -> MLB All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: