Oakland Park Baseball Forum Index Oakland Park Baseball
Show up every Sunday at 10:30 in parks in and around Oakland!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calling in to RSVP Sunday morning (?)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Oakland Park Baseball Forum Index -> Logistics
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you call to RSVP Sunday morning if it meant you could secure a spot to play?
No, I would not call to RSVP Sunday morning.
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
Yes, I would call to RSVP Sunday morning.
90%
 90%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 10

Pat K
All-Star

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that Scott, but maybe it could be modified. When you call in Sunday, "I will be there by 10:45 latest" 11 is supposed to be game time. You should not be showing up to a game you are playing in, any less than 15 minutes before. We need to start the games at 11. If you call your spot is reserved till 10:45 latest. Unless 20 people happen to show up before 10:30 because that trumps the call. I Hope this makes sense.
onion
Team Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's pretty good. the only problem would be if you max out with people who either got there before 10:30 or people who RSVP'd and got there by 11:00. could this happen? i guess. is it likely? probably not. sooner or later though, it might. still, i like the idea.
AntMoOAK
Perennial All-Star

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top 7- 8 to 2.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TheLegend
Babe Ruth

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntMoOAK wrote:
Top 7- 8 to 2.

?
AntMoOAK
Perennial All-Star

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's just the score of the game at that point. I was just responding to the poster. Wondering who was posting while we were playing the game. Mike P told to post the score. We were both just being silly
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Joe shmoe
Perennial All-Star

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i have thinking about this some and i am starting to see other problems with this idea. people might start calling as soon as they wake up. for some i imagine that could be as early as 7 to 8. and since its easier to call than show up i can see 20 calls happening in like 10 minutes. so lets say those calls happen at 930. if i called at 935 there by not getting a spot. next week i would call at 9 and earlier and earlier to get a spot then go back to sleep for an hour then head to baseball. it just seems silly to potentally wake up an hour before i need to. oh i just thought of a solution to waking up at 9 to call-in i will call you at 2-3am, hey its sunday morning.
retep
Player/Manager

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe shmoe wrote:
well i have thinking about this some and i am starting to see other problems with this idea. people might start calling as soon as they wake up. for some i imagine that could be as early as 7 to 8. and since its easier to call than show up i can see 20 calls happening in like 10 minutes. so lets say those calls happen at 930. if i called at 935 there by not getting a spot. next week i would call at 9 and earlier and earlier to get a spot then go back to sleep for an hour then head to baseball. it just seems silly to potentally wake up an hour before i need to. oh i just thought of a solution to waking up at 9 to call-in i will call you at 2-3am, hey its sunday morning.

I agree this is a problem, but a solution is simple. How about people calling as they are on their way rather than well before? (People without cell phones could call right before leaving.
AntMoOAK
Perennial All-Star

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I agree this is a problem, but a solution is simple. How about people calling as they are on their way rather than well before? (People without cell phones could call right before leaving.

___

Yeah... What I said...

Quote:
Look... If this is even implemented and you plan on playing and you are on your way call (if possible) or let Scott know somehow (ie; the night before if you have to).
Idea
Southpaw Slim
Kenesaw Mountain Landis

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe shmoe wrote:
people might start calling as soon as they wake up. for some i imagine that could be as early as 7 to 8. ...oh i just thought of a solution to waking up at 9 to call-in i will call you at 2-3am, hey its sunday morning.

Richard, it's funny you put it that way. You'd have a better chance of reserving a spot if you called me at 2am than if you called at 8am because I'd actually still be awake.

But seriously, don't call me before 9am on Sunday.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Oakland Park Baseball Forum Index -> Logistics All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: